Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spice it up!

Everyone needs a little spice in their life, right? 
Absolutely!


So here's what you'll be needing to kick it up a notch.


Meet my new best friend! I could not wait to try out my new food processor and I knew I had to make one of my favorite things to try this new beauty out. Hummus my friends, it's all about hummus! I love hummus, I eat it with raw veggies, crackers, and my favorite is to use it in place of salad dressing. Previously I had the Cuisinart Mini Prep, but I brunt it up making banana soft serve -- it was even smoking!



This food processor is amazing! Easy to use, powerful, cleans up nicely --not to mention it is slices, dices, seals tight, and has two nesting bowls! 


LOOK at this creamy goodness! Oh my!




Smoky Chipotle Hummus


2 cans Garbanzo Beans - drained and set liquid aside.
2 tsp. Cumin
3/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 C. Fresh Lemon Juice
2T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1t. chopped Garlic
1/3 C. Tahini
3 Whole Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce (1-2 for less kick)
2 tsp. Adobo Sauce
1/2 C. chopped Cilantro
6 - oil packed Sun Dried Tomatoes

Mix everything in your processor and blend until smooth. Add garbanzo bean liquid as needed to thin out the mixture. To turn down the heat a bit, use less chiles and adobo sauce. 


Top on your favorite salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment